Reading Hon. Shuwanga s piece of writing should make all those who truly love Barotseland to raise their heads to review the post BNC 2012 resolution events – the way forward, the killings, the factions and the arrests. BNC 2012 blessed by the King of Barotseland surely gave confidence to all of us Rotse people.
“Mr. Sata who made the March 2012 Barotse National Council Conference possible. He had promised to accept any outcome. An irreversible decision to be independent of Zambia was unanimously arrived at.” Hon Shuwanga
Barotseland activities are all based on the belief of BNC 2012 resolutions. Putting Zambia aside, Barotseland should sought issues out.
I have the following questions;
1. Are we as Barotseland understanding and respecting the BNC 2012 resolution?
2. Does Zambia understand it either?
3. Is the BNC 2012 resolution binding on both Zambia and Barotseland?
4. Why is the King and the Kuta quiet over the current arrest of Hon. Afumba and others?
5. Why is BNFA, if truly an umbrella of all groupings also quiet?
6. The Zambian Government now does not even allow any one going near the court just to listen or support our own blood. Will this continue and people watch dance and vote for them?
7. BNC 2012 resolution was the strength of all Barotseland, BUT, count how many people have lost their lives over this issue? Some are still dying today from suspected poisoning. Is this going to continue?
8. People are dying, arrested, families displaced, children and women are suffering, people live in fear. How do the leaders of BNFA, LINYUNGANDAMBO, THE KUTA (BRE) AND THE KING feel?
9. Will Barotseland be a place without human rights?
10. “The late president had clearly articulated his willingness to allow Barotseland go free of Zambia if only our elders supported such a conclusion”. Is any elder in support?
11. Is it possible that the Barotse leadership can issue a statement and its respected by Zambia?
12. Is every one claiming to be in struggle really in it?
13. Will Barotseland happily participate in the Zambian presidential elections in the light of BNC 2012 resolution?
14. Are we one, two or three?
15. Is the BNC 2012 resolution closer to be reversed?
16. What sin have Barotseland committed which cannot be forgiven?