- He was born in 1871 at Likapai.
- He was bestowed with the title of the Commander of the British Empire, CBE, c. 01st January, 1946.
- He ascended to the throne on 13th March, 1916.
- He attended the Coronation Ceremony of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth at Westminster Abbey in London in 1937.
- He established Limulunga as the winter capital in 1930.
- He founded Naliele sub-capital in Mankoya (Kaoma) District under Senior Chief Mwanawina; and Nawinda sub-capital established under Senior Chief Kufuna in Balovale District.
- It was during his rule when Balovale (Zambezi) District was detached from Barotseland in 1940.
- He relinquished the throne on 20th June, 1945 owing to ill heath.
- His capital was Lealui
- His regiment was Imutakela
- His Ngambela was Mataa-wa-Ndiku, Munalula Mbangweta, Namakando Wina
- His shrine is in Mulumbo
Latest from Editor General, Barotseland Post
- Kenneth Kaunda is no honourable man despite multiple accolades
- BRE’s Ngambela Manyando must find ways to engage Barotse Media - BAROTSELAND POST EDITORIAL COMMENT
- MAY SESHEKE BEES, THUNDER AND LIGHTNING STRIKE THEM!
- Encouraging steps from the BRE so far, but are they really in tune with what the people want today?
- ‘Tweet for Freedom’ campaign initiated for Barotseland!
Leave a comment
You are free to comment here below in accordance to our Comments Policy here http://barotselandpost.com/comments-policy
Once you have posted your comment, rest assured that it will be published, even if you don’t see it immediately, as the Comments Cache system needs to refresh and reload before your comment could become visible.
Thank you for your continued interest in our stories!