- He was the eldest son of Mwana’ Mulena Imbuwa Mulambwa.
- He ascended to the throne by coup d’état which was led by Ngambela Mataa and overthrew Lubosi Lewanika in 1884.
- The coup was however reversed in 1885, and Lewanika regained the throne
- His capital was Lealui
- He utilized all the former regiments
- His Ngambela was Mataa
- He was ousted on 04th November, 1885 and fled to Mashukulumbwe region where he was assassinated by Mulanziana Sitwala, c. 1887.
Latest from Editor General, Barotseland Post
- ‘Tweet for Freedom’ campaign initiated for Barotseland!
- Zambia Commemorating End of WWI without special mention of Lewanika I, Sir Mwanawina III (KBE) Kings of Barotseland hypocritical
- Periodic prayer rituals will not sanitize Zambia’s many transgressions!
- Unrepentant, self-righteous Zambia will learn the hard way someday soon!
- Afumba and other Barotseland leaders on trial need your urgent help today!
Leave a comment
You are free to comment here below in accordance to our Comments Policy here http://barotselandpost.com/comments-policy
Once you have posted your comment, rest assured that it will be published, even if you don’t see it immediately, as the Comments Cache system needs to refresh and reload before your comment could become visible.
Thank your continued interest in our stories!