- He was born in 1842 in Nyengo. The Lozi nobles proclaimed him as the next Litunga soon after the death of his cousin, Mwanawina II.
- He ascended to the throne in August of 1878.
- He shifted his capital from Sesheke to Lealui and founded Lubachi as his winter capital.
- He was deposed by Ngambela Mataa in September, 1884 who installed Tatila Akufuna.
- He fled to Mashi.
- He set up the Barotse Native Police in 1893 (in his second reign).
- His regiment was Imutakela
- His Ngambela was Silumbu Akapelwa
Latest from Editor General, Barotseland Post
- Kenneth Kaunda is no honourable man despite multiple accolades
- BRE’s Ngambela Manyando must find ways to engage Barotse Media - BAROTSELAND POST EDITORIAL COMMENT
- MAY SESHEKE BEES, THUNDER AND LIGHTNING STRIKE THEM!
- Encouraging steps from the BRE so far, but are they really in tune with what the people want today?
- ‘Tweet for Freedom’ campaign initiated for Barotseland!
Leave a comment
You are free to comment here below in accordance to our Comments Policy here http://barotselandpost.com/comments-policy
Once you have posted your comment, rest assured that it will be published, even if you don’t see it immediately, as the Comments Cache system needs to refresh and reload before your comment could become visible.
Thank you for your continued interest in our stories!