- He is well remembered for his dear love to nature and the animals. But he is prominently remembered for founding and promulgating laws relating to marriages and property. He died, c. July, 1830.
- His capital was Lilundu
- His regiment was Imutakela
- His Ngambela was Muswa
- His shrine is in Lilundu
Latest from Editor General, Barotseland Post
- BRE’s Ngambela Manyando must find ways to engage Barotse Media - BAROTSELAND POST EDITORIAL COMMENT
- MAY SESHEKE BEES, THUNDER AND LIGHTNING STRIKE THEM!
- Encouraging steps from the BRE so far, but are they really in tune with what the people want today?
- ‘Tweet for Freedom’ campaign initiated for Barotseland!
- Zambia Commemorating End of WWI without special mention of Lewanika I, Sir Mwanawina III (KBE) Kings of Barotseland hypocritical
Leave a comment
You are free to comment here below in accordance to our Comments Policy here http://barotselandpost.com/comments-policy
Once you have posted your comment, rest assured that it will be published, even if you don’t see it immediately, as the Comments Cache system needs to refresh and reload before your comment could become visible.
Thank you for your continued interest in our stories!