This project explores both her indigenous Barotse and her western identities.
Barotse activist Mukwae Wabei Siyolwe has continued to present her artistic project "Wade in the Water” in Mexico.
Over the weekend, the Wade in the Water performances were scheduled for Sisal, Mexico and we will continue to follow her campaign across the world as she presents what she has described as a "hybrid multi-generational archival encounter", which pays tribute to her great grandfather King Lewanika of Barotseland, using photographs, documentaries, music and performances.
Latest from Media Editor, Barotseland Post
- WORLD TOILET DAY: We must eradicate open defecation in Barotseland!
- VP Inonge Wina's visit to self-imposed Mwene Mutondo is a deliberate violation of long established customs - Barotse Activist Munyinda
- Supreme Court ruling in Ndola ‘hard to bear’ – Saleya Kwalombota
- A CLASH OF THE KINGS: When Gawa Undi of the East meets Litunga of the West, the Lion poses with the Elephant at Kulamba
- Barotseland independence will create thousands of instant jobs – BTG
Leave a comment
You are free to comment here below in accordance to our Comments Policy here http://barotselandpost.com/comments-policy
Once you have posted your comment, rest assured that it will be published, even if you don’t see it immediately, as the Comments Cache system needs to refresh and reload before your comment could become visible.
Thank your continued interest in our stories!