This project explores both her indigenous Barotse and her western identities.
Barotse activist Mukwae Wabei Siyolwe has continued to present her artistic project "Wade in the Water” in Mexico.
Over the weekend, the Wade in the Water performances were scheduled for Sisal, Mexico and we will continue to follow her campaign across the world as she presents what she has described as a "hybrid multi-generational archival encounter", which pays tribute to her great grandfather King Lewanika of Barotseland, using photographs, documentaries, music and performances.
Latest from Media Editor, Barotseland Post
- President Khama of Botswana’s Open Letter to then President Mugabe of Zimbabwe (21 November 2017)
- Robert Mugabe resigns as president of Zimbabwe
- SOMALILAND: International Observers laud third successful Presidential Elections in the yet to be recognized state
- BNFA makes first appearance as a Civil Society Organization at the Pre-Sessions of the UPR
- Mugabe on lockdown at his house