This project explores both her indigenous Barotse and her western identities.
Barotse activist Mukwae Wabei Siyolwe has continued to present her artistic project "Wade in the Water” in Mexico.
Over the weekend, the Wade in the Water performances were scheduled for Sisal, Mexico and we will continue to follow her campaign across the world as she presents what she has described as a "hybrid multi-generational archival encounter", which pays tribute to her great grandfather King Lewanika of Barotseland, using photographs, documentaries, music and performances.
Latest from Media Editor, Barotseland Post
- Disgraced BRE clique requests K816, 000 cash from government for fake dialogue
- SHOCKING: 1964 Agreement, 2012 BNC pushed off dialogue table; Afumba and Sinyinda excluded!
- Kuomboka Postponed to 28th April 2018!
- BNFA will not take part in the Barotseland Agreement 1964 negotiations proposed by the Barotse Royal Establishment.
- Ki BUHATA! PF will not restore the 1964 agreement - Hakainde as he promises Barotseland equitable development and greater unity