This project explores both her indigenous Barotse and her western identities.
Barotse activist Mukwae Wabei Siyolwe has continued to present her artistic project "Wade in the Water” in Mexico.
Over the weekend, the Wade in the Water performances were scheduled for Sisal, Mexico and we will continue to follow her campaign across the world as she presents what she has described as a "hybrid multi-generational archival encounter", which pays tribute to her great grandfather King Lewanika of Barotseland, using photographs, documentaries, music and performances.
Latest from Media Editor, Barotseland Post
- Zambia no longer legal in Barotseland, it will be forced out if need be - BTG
- Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) position on Barotseland Agreement 1964
- Kenneth Kaunda not well placed to resolve Barotseland impasse – BNFA
- A message to my fellow youths – Victor Mulala
- Disgraced BRE clique requests K816, 000 cash from government for fake dialogue